Sun, Aug 21|
Hobby Horse Farm
Hobby Horse Trials
Time & Location
Aug 21, 2022, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Hobby Horse Farm, 1061 Spittal Rd, Coldbrook, NS B4R 1B8, Canada
About the event
Org: Julie Gould Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sec : Jessica Best Email: email@example.com; Tel : 902-698-0421
Email entries & fees to Jess (preferred method for entries)
Hobby Horse Rep: Leslie Wade c/o Hobby Horse Farm, P.O. Box 33,
Coldbrook, NS B4R 1C5 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 902-679- 4538 Mail: send to Leslie at above address
1) ENTRIES: T & PT - $135; E & PE - $110; plus EC drug fee (PT/E/PE:
$4.00 and T: $7.00) and $15.00 CE levy. Enclose separate e-transfer or cheque for pinny deposit, $25.00, or bring cash. REFUNDS: Before CD, refunded in full. After CD, with vet or doctor's certificate less $25 administration fee. Entries to be sent to Secretary with cheques made payable to Leslie Wade. E-transfers accepted. INCLUDE copies of all memberships (PTSO, PHTA, EC Sport license) with entry form. Email Digital Horse Recording for Training level. Failure to provide all these copies with your entry form will result in an extra fee owing of $20
2) TIME SCHEDULE: XC Course open in afternoon, August 20. August 21: 8:30am - dressage; 11:30am – cross-country; 2 pm - stadium. Start times available August 19 online: Startboxscoring.com and via email (Jess).
3) OFFICIALS: TD: Susan Laverty; CD: Andy Wadowski; JUDGES: Susan Fraser & Barbie Lewis; Ground Jury: Susan Fraser (President) & Barbie Lewis.
4) STABLING: $30 per night. Limited permanent stalls on grounds. Bring own shavings or buy straw on site. Book ahead through Leslie Wade.
5) DRESSAGE: (EC 2016 Tests) T - Training Test 2; PT - Pre-Training Test 1; E - Entry Test 2; PE - Entry Test 2. T test is using a 20x60m arena; PT, E & PE - 20x40m arena. Arenas used are sand and/or grass.
6) CROSS COUNTRY: T - 2500m @ 450mpm; PT - 2150m @ 400mpm. Entry - 1400m @ 350mpm. Pre-Entry – 800m @ 325mpm. TERRAIN: Mostly flat terrain with some rolling fields.
7) AWARDS: Ribbons and prizes to 6th place. George Wade Memorial Award for Best Junior.
8) ACCOMMODATIONS: Some rooms available at farm for $40 per person - bring sleeping bag/bedding/towels. Book through Leslie Wade.
9) DIRECTIONS: From Halifax: Exit 14 off Hwy 101, turn left off ramp, drive 5 km to Spittal Rd. on left, just beyond Coldbrook Centre.
10) OTHER INFORMATION: Vet and farrier on call. Medical services and canteen available on grounds.